Learn how to build a PC with Loyd Case. Surf the web anonymously - For Free! And more!
What's new in Episode 193
• Some of you have emailed about the MP3 cutting out at 8:50-ish. We have re-encoded the MP3 and posted the file. Sorry for the inconvenience and enjoy the show.
• Build a PC with Loyd. Still scratching your head on the mysteries of assembling your very own PC? Fear not ExtremeTech's Loyd Case is here kicking off a series of "Build a PC" tutorials.
• WikiScanner is an awesome tool to finding out who has been editing what on Wikipedia. Find out who's been tinkering with what on Wikipedia
• Paranoid about the The Man tracking your web surfing habits? Then learn how Tor can help you surf anonymously.
• DoesMetroid Prime 3: Corruption have what it takes to be AAA FPS on Nintendo's Wii?
• Ty wrote in to ask about OpenDNS. He wanted to know what it is and what you do with it. In a nutshell OpenDNS replaces the standard DNS server address you normally receive from your ISP. The advantage is that OpenDNS often times works faster and filters malicious and harmful sites.
• Dan wanted to know if multi-tasking increased the probability of errors when burning DVDs or overly fragmented the hard drive. In both cases the worries are overstated. With advent of burn proofing technologies and more capable CPU's the issue of burning a disc while browsing the web is no longer an issue it once was. In terms of file fragmentation that is more of a function of file shuffling on your hard drive due to repeated deletes and writes leaving gaps and fragmented files across your drive than to your PC running more than one app at a time.
• Got a Question? A tip? A product you're curious about Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org